Saturday, August 25, 2007

The Original Anti-Warriorschool Skeptic Blog

Action Skeptics: My Brush With a Cult, Part 5: Dénouement


http://actionskeptics.blogspot.com/2008/04/my-brush-with-cult-part-5-dnouement.html



Check out that site above, it is very informative. Be prepared to do a lot of reading, skimming and ignoring though. Some of the posts on that site are definitely out there!

I'd also like to use this spot to commemorate one of the most amazing blog/forum posts I have ever read. I found it on a soc.net site of some sort. Read this account of Warriorschool by a man who got it rough.


http://www.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gif

Reply With Quote
fireskier1
#49
Old 15 January 2007, 04:33
Kamereon Kamereon is offline
Probationary User

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 4
I don't have the military background that you all do, I do have unique insight into Prather and the crap he tries to represent.

About three years ago my wife's sister talked my wife into joining WarriorCult. My wife has tried all this time to get me to join and something about it this group made me hesistant.

She (my wife) went to initiation ($650 plus travel) and then went to connection camp ($400 plus travel) signed up for the cult newspaper (The Bracelet - like Amway, apprentices get a shiny silver braclet after completing their apprentership). Still not enough money and time wasted, she then bought the back issue collection of the bracelet ($105). She buys bundles of sage and expensive cigars to give to prather and his minions.

Well, I had gone along with most of this crap, I even attended a couple of ceremonies. You will notice on their website that they never refer to the N'dee (Apache) names of the ceremonies. I think this is because they are basterdised versions of the ceremonies. Plus, no native american spirtual leader would ever dare charge for a ceremony.

The wife asked to apprentice and I asked her how much? She said it was a $1000-1800 "donation" and that she would have to meet with her mentor 4 times a year for the next two years (at my expense of course). I told her I couldn't go along with it anymore. Shortly afterwards she asked for a divorce and has since moved to where WarriorCult is headquartered (Tuscon, AZ).

I wrote Prather once. I told him that it hurts losing my wife to his Jim Jones School. I also told him that he better not take advantage of her in any way. The reason I say this is because of what he did to one of his students.

I won't say names of course, but any of Prather's minions will know exactly who and what I am referring to. Prather had a branch of his ninja school where I live. The instructor there was also a member of warriorcult. He has been teaching martial arts and warriorcrap for many years on Prather's behalf. This guy's wife signs on with warriorcult and eventually apprentices under Prather. Prather abused every ethical and moral boundary and slept with her. This guy and his wife are now divorced and share custody of their kids. She called everybody she could in WarriorCult and told them that Prather spiritually raped her. None of those idiots went to her aid. Even my wife who was closely linked to this lady (she was my wife's Nialacin...spiritual guide). All of them just dropped her. Way to go Prather. Reminds me of all those Catholic priests that molest the altar boys.

The real shame is that I warned my wife about this. When I met Prather I just felt the guy was off. I couldn't put my finger on it, but I had an instant dislike for him. I told my wife that he would take advantage of her sister. I got the girl wrong, but I didn't get the guy wrong.

My opinion, my very lengthly opinion (sorry) is that Prather is a scam artist. He is a bully, an egomaniac, and someone who takes advantage of women. I am curious why he is divorced...I sure know why I am.



AND HERE COMES THE REPLY

Reply With Quote
Corsair
View Public Profile
Find all posts by Corsair
#51
Old 15 January 2007, 06:35
MakoZeroSix's Avatar
MakoZeroSix MakoZeroSix is offline
Quiet Professional

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Iraq
Posts: 221
LOL. There are many elemental truths in this life, and it's pretty safe to say one of them is "If you let you wife join a cult, the cult leader will fuck your wife and take your money."

So, you shouldn't be suprised at the outcome of your wife joining it, or the other guy's wife. For fucksakes, the thing even has "cult" in its name. How many guys like Jim Jones or David Koresh have to come along before it gets quite obvious what they're up to?
__________________
"Nothing is true...everything is permitted."
- Hassan I-Sabbah



AND THE REBUTTAL


Reply With Quote
Guy
View Public Profile
Find all posts by Guy
#53
Old 15 January 2007, 10:19
Kamereon Kamereon is offline
Probationary User

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 4
Actually that is my affectionate term for them. They are called WarriorSchool or were...not sure what Prather is up to. He now has four websites. www.warriorschool.com seems to be all of his CQC and weapons classes (although I can't stand the guy...to his credit he does teach a number of the National Guard Units that go over seas). www.thecrisis.org is his non-profit charity for kids in need (in reality it just pays for kids to go to initiation camp). www.thebraceletonline.com is his monthly rant rag. And finally, www.initiationcamp.com is where Prather has moved all of his Koresh/Jones junk.

I will have to look again, but I thought they mentioned WarriorSchool at the beginning of this thread. Cult's don't usually call themselves "cults" kind of retards the growth of membership. If you want a laugh, check out what Prather says about Warriorschool being a cult: http://www.initiationcamp.com/course...nformation.htm

...Specifically read the end of bullet 2 and the beginning of bullet 3:

Apprenticeship, as everything in Warriorship, is done in the spirit of free will. Anything else would be considered a cult, or cult-like. Anything cult-like goes against the very nature of what Warriorship stands for. Warriorship is an anti-cult.

3. Moving to where your benefactor lives. In some cases where a person wants to apprentice under a specific benefactor, it may be required of that person to move near where that benefactor currently lives

In the end MakoZeroSix you are right, I was calling BS right from the start, but apparently I wasn't yelling loud enough. Also didn't help that my wife was being encouraged by several of her friends, her sister, her mother, and her sensei. It was a losing battle, but silly me I thought wedding vows counted for something.
Reply With Quote


AND A FINISH

18 January 2007, 18:35
Tracy's Avatar
Tracy Tracy is offline
Been There Done That

Join Date: Feb 1997
Posts: 3,446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamereon
....
In the end MakoZeroSix you are right, I was calling BS right from the start, but apparently I wasn't yelling loud enough. Also didn't help that my wife was being encouraged by several of her friends, her sister, her mother, and her sensei. It was a losing battle, but silly me I thought wedding vows counted for something.
That sucks, but I guess you have a better 'read' on the real person you were married to. Maybe you can send other prospective girlfriends thereand screen them in advance.

No comments: